Monday, December 04, 2006

The Snow








Snow this year came so early than I least expect. It poured out heavier each day, together with its cool, blowing of the wind. Its breeze flashed through my lonely face as I beheld the snow flakes fall. Looking through my room window, the snow spread quickly through the streets and covered the houses, trees, cars, fences and all other form of surface outdoor.
News forecast road accidents due to slippery streets, some schools were closed while some areas
experienced power failure. Sensing peril in traveling for work by myself too, I decided staying home would mean my comfort. Still looking through the window, I wondered should the snow stop the following day? But to my dismay, it even grew thicker and thicker.
As I felt so helpless over the condition of my environment, I thought of a solution to my situation. Geared with my snow wear and shovel on my hand, I bravely went out of my front yard and started digging and moving the snow out of the way. Though heavy as it may seem to me, I was decided to do it. Pretty soon some passers-by saw me and commented to what I did. "Oh! it's a hard work for you, they said with a smile". I nodded in response but what amazed me most was...when most of them cared to say, "Thank you!" fascinated my tiresome day and strengthened my feeble hands.
At times, anyone's smile can inspire, much more, simple words of gratitude may mean a whole lot of strength to a weak, vulnerable spirit.
It was all worth it...I got paid off a thousand times over.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture shots, I didn’t know that snow goes up to a foot thicker there. Still, Vancouver is one of the best cities I have visited.